RS-200 / 3000
Radiation Portal Monitoring Systems
2 PMT Technology
Base Detector Size 1500 in3
The RS-200 systems are 2 PMT based fully digital systems specially designed for the difficult operating conditions of scrap and aluminum processing plants. These systems combine exceptional performance with minimum false and nuisance alarms through advanced digital design and spectral analysis.
The system is fully modular which makes it easily configurable to suit local logistics and permits fast, easy maintenance. The system operates independently and has direct Ethernet connectivity to plant networks. This connectivity allows for a fully integrated plant design with the ability for RSO overview on all installed systems.
The Complete Service Solution
The RS-200 system design incorporates many advanced ideas to make fast, easy, local maintenance practical. These features include - easy-open doors and rugged PMT mounts for reliability accompanied by an easy access electronics tray with all electronics modules visable for fast changes. A major new feature is Internet based service support permitting the RSI Service Department direct overview for trouble shooting - in most case we can advise which module to change.
Once a problem is diagnosed replacement parts/modules are readily available, often with the option of overnight delivery.
- Detector volume: 1512 in3 (23.5L) - maximum 16 detectors
- Fully digital system design - no user adjustments
- 2 PMT technology for high sensitivity + high noise rejection 10/sec data sampling rate for optimum data analysis
- Advanced 4096/128 channel spectrometer system for improved analysis
- Spectral analysis permits rejection of the majority of false, rain and void alarms prevalent in most systems without reducing system sensitivity
- Alarm classification to sort alarms into scrap and non-scrap categories for better control
- Minimum nuisance alarms due to advanced signal screening and pattern recognition
- System sensitivity analysis and auto correction to minimize signal loss with NO radioactive sources required to test system performance
- 15" color touch screen display for easy user interfacing
- Local printer for alarm printout
- GPS connection for accurate location and timing
- Direct connection to the plant network enabling RSO overview of all alarms on all systems
- Real-time (1/sec) error reporting to RSI service via the Internet for fast support and system overview
- 48V operation to minimize voltage drops on long cables
- Modular system design for easy on site service by local staff for "instant" service support
- 24/7 tech support for fast responsive support from technical people if required